Our mission is to “prepare minds for leadership and hearts for service.” To be an effective school, every stakeholder/school family member must understand and be committed to our mission and goals. We care that our students become leaders of tomorrow and have a Christ-like spirit to serve others. We measure our successes by John III, 4.
- As part of the admissions process, prospective students and parents must meet with McClain Christian Academy administration. At that time, school curriculum, activities and expectations will be discussed. Parents may tour the school and meet faculty members.
- Students who have been reassigned to alternative campuses for behavioral issues will not be considered for enrollment. Children with severe academic, emotional, or disciplinary problems cannot be accepted.
- We will not accept transfer students once the fourth grading period has begun.
- Students who wish to enroll, and meet eligibility, must complete the Application for Admission and pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Prior to beginning classes, parents must submit the following required official records: birth certificate, social security card, updated immunization record. Parents must also meet with our business office and complete the required paperwork and pay any initial fees.
- McClain Christian Academy will request the student’s cumulative file from their previous school. These files must contain previous and current grades, test scores, attendance and disciplinary records. We will also personally speak with school counselors. It is important that parents are forthcoming with any information that may affect an admissions decision.
- All new students are placed on an 8-week probationary period. During this time the student will be assessed and cumulative records will be evaluated. The family and the child must be compatible with the goals of McClain Christian Academy and willing to work cooperatively with teachers and administration in order to continue to be enrolled in the school.
- Students who are currently enrolled must complete a new application and update the financial agreement each year. A non-refundable application fee is due at this time.
- To continue to be enrolled, a student must exhibit normal academic ability, satisfactory academic achievement, emotional stability, positive social behavior, good moral character and willing cooperation with teachers and administration. The parents must continue to cooperate with school staff in the educational goals of the school.
- In cases where the aforementioned requirements are not being met, an Admission Committee will consider and evaluate, to the best of their ability, whether the student should be accepted for re-enrollment. In such cases, each family will be notified by letter of the Admission Committee’s decision. Parents may appeal the decision of the Admission Committee to the Board of Directors.
Children with Special Needs
- McClain Christian Academy is a small private school with limited resources compared to the public schools and other larger private schools. Public schools receive additional funding for students with special needs and hire specialized staff to serve their unique needs. We do not have a Special Education certified staff member or aide. McClain Christian Academy will admit students with special educational needs when we believe that we can truly serve and educate.
- Parents wishing to enroll a child with special educational needs, must present an official diagnosis, Individual Education Plan used and any Special Education Evaluations concerning the child. Please bring these to your first meeting with school administration.
- This information is crucial to determining if McClain Christian Academy can meet the needs of your child while maintaining the educational goals for all students.
- All new students are placed on an 8-week probationary period. During this time the student will be assessed and cumulative records will be evaluated. The family and the child must be compatible with the goals of McClain Christian Academy .
McClain Christian Academy does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, or gender. Equal rights and opportunities are provided for all.