Dress Code is Mandatory - Click Here for School Attire
There are 4 reasons which are considered excused absences/tardies.
- Personal illness (doctor's excuse may be required)
- Death in the family
- When unique opportunities for trips occur, teachers must receive at least 2 weeks notice to prepare make-up work. The days missed must be counted as absences.
- Circumstances which, in the judgment of the principal, create emergencies over which the student has no control.
When a student is absent and returns to school, he or she must bring a note signed by the parent to explain the absence. Otherwise the absence will be considered unexcused. Unexcused absences or tardies will result in "Os" for the work missed during that time period.
Consequences for unexcused absences:3 days - the parent and student will be required to meet with the principal and teacher(s).
Our school hours are from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. Students arriving prior to 7:45 must report to Extended Care.
Students that arrive after 8:00 am should report to the office before going to their room so that we may mark their tardy sheet for attendance records. They must be accompanied by parent.
A student will be excused to leave school before regular dismissal for only the following reasons:
- Personal illness
- Death in the family
- Trips and unique opportunities which have been approved in advance and the teacher notified prior to the day of early dismissal.
- Circumstances which, in the judgement of the principal, create emergencies over which the student has no control.
Unexcused early dismissals will follow the same consequences as unexcused tardies.
Pick up and Drop off Procedures:
For students being picked up at the Main Campus, 3521 Lebanon Road, we ask that parents follow the arrowed-signs to the front of the building. Students will be loaded into cars by school personnel. Please follow the drive around the playground to exit. If you wish to get out of your car and talk to school personnel, please pull to the right side of the building and park in the gravel area. Please stay on the drive way and use the pull-offs to allow on-coming cars to pass.
For students being picked up at the Cumberland University campus, please use the turn-around off West Spring St near entrance to the Heydel Fine Arts Center.
ALL PARKED CARS MUST BE IN THE GRAVEL AREA TO THE RIGHT OF THE MAIN CAMPUS BUILDING. PARKING IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL IS PROHIBITED!